- effects, length of duration, routes of administration
- info about various interactions between different substances
- practical, step by step guides, dosages
- scientific info, such as the structures of compounds and what brain receptors different drugs work on
- historical and cultural info
- people’s personal experiences AKA trip reports
“We imagine a world where people treat psychoactives with respect and awareness; where people work together to collect and share knowledge in ways that strengthen their understanding of themselves and provide insight into the complex choices faced by individuals and societies alike.We believe that truth, accuracy, and integrity in publishing information about psychoactives will lead to healthier and more balanced choices, behaviors, and policies around all psychoactive medications, entheogens, herbs, and recreational drugs. Erowid’s vision is to facilitate and create resources that are part of the evolution towards this goal.”
PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
What it sounds like, PsychonautWiki is Wikipedia for Psychonauts. Tonnes of useful info and in the familiar format of Wikipedia.
Their primary motivations include:
- documenting all aspects of psychonautic theory and practice (including meditation, lucid dreaming, psychoactive substance use, sensory deprivation, ritual, etc.) from an evidence-based, academic perspective
- providing accessible education, encouraging safe practices, and reforming cultural taboos around the responsible use of psychoactive substances, utilizing both expert and crowd-based sources
- promoting a culture of free thought and individual responsibility by safeguarding the information needed to make informed decisions over altering one’s consciousness.
to share trusted, research-based content that helps you feel safe, supported, and empowered as you follow your path towards personal transformation.